Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Why should I suffer from your lack of foresight?

I read with dismay the smh.com.au article of this morning regarding predicted energy shortages.

Now, the question I have already posed is worth reiterating:
Why should I suffer from your lack of foresight?

I want to know why I may have to endure blackouts and energy shortfalls where I live, because a large scale property development that is entirely unsuited to its locality is consuming twenty times more power than my family, just to run the now-necessary air-conditioning systems?

I know, they're cheap to build, cheap to buy, and families love the big new house in the tree-less development. But I wouldnt want your energy bills come summer.

Until the principles of ESD (Environmentally Sustainable Development) along with alternate sources of energy are brought to bear on new estates, we will be forever playing catchup with our energy supply reqiurements.

Insert tagline here...

No comments: